Monday, October 29, 2007

David Hackstoll

I am David Hackstoll. I was born July 30, 1968 in Warburg, Alta in Canada it is a town of 500 people I always joke that if you blink you will miss is, haha. I have had a passion for hockey every since i put on my first pair of skates at the age of two. I always made time to play it or watch it. I went to UND from !989 to 1992. I am currently the head coach for the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux hockey team since July 2004. I have brought the Fighting Sioux to not one but two NCAA Frozen Fours. Only four other coaches have accomplished this.I also played on this team from 1989-1992. Before I was coach in 1996-2000 i was the general manager for the Sioux Musketeeres of the United States Hockey League. I was the Coach of the Year in 1997-1998. As for this debate of the Fighting sioux mascott, i say it has been this way for a long time why is this just becoming an issue now. From what i hear the cheif's dont even seem to think this is a big deal.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Project Success said...

T-tops, can you please give me specific details on why it is such a big issue, based on your opinion.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shanay nay.
Coaching UND must be interesting. With all of the chaos and what not going on regarding the mascot. I feel bad that you're stuck in the midst of it. Although, maybe you should consider that maybe it is somewhat of a big deal because people care so much about the issue. If it was something not to care about then no one would be responding in the ways that they are.
Gramm Greenn

knelson said...

Agreed with Kiefer.

-Louise Erdrich (Jury Member)

knelson said...

Agreed with Kiefer.

-Louise Erdrich (Jury Member)

Rachel said...

Hey I'm the fifth jury member. What's your view on the mascot? Do you think UND should be able to keep it or should have to make a new one. Thanks!
- Amy Red Oak

megan said...

yes I agree with you. I also have heard that some of the native americans dont find it offensive.I think that having the mascot shows pride and honor for the culture. I wish people would understand that we arent trying to be offensive in anyway.

Sincerly,
Dan Snidyr